A 130 Year History in Launceston
In 1883 an Irish immigrant, John Dunn, established a stone masonry business in a yard where Launceston’s Town Clock now stands. In 1893 Mr Dunn’s sons Thomas, John & William joined the firm and moved the yard to Brisbane Street, firstly on the corner of the Kingsway and then, in 1909, to the present site.
In 1954, Mr JA Dunn, grandson of the company's founder, entered the firm into the funeral industry. The business gradually expanded to become one of the most respected, both in the local community and throughout the funeral services industry. Today, it is "Jack's" children and grandchildren who continue the tradition, making JA Dunn one of Tasmania's oldest continually family owned & operated businesses.